Traditionally an Exclusive Network health plan offers a very tight listing of providers but with Kern Legacy Network Plus, there is a vast selection of providers throughout Kern County to choose from. Most of the local Primary Care Physicians are participating in the Plan as well as most of the urgent care facilities. If you are transitioning over from another health plan, you will find that most or all of your local physicians are in network.
Your options for specialty care, hospital care, and other facilities:
- Kern Medical hospital participates in providing care as a Preferred EPO provider and offers many services at a reduced out-of-pocket expense for Kern Legacy members. Kern Medical has expanded some services to several offsite facilities on Columbus, in the downtown area, and on Stockdale Highway.
Kern Medical is not the only option:
- There are many other specialists and facilities in the Preferred EPO Network for services such as podiatry, chiropractic care, lab, and radiology.
- Kern Legacy has also partnered with Valley Children’s Hospital Madera for those pediatric specialties not available locally.
- If you need hospital services, Adventist Health hospital participates as a Plus provider.
Visit the EPO Benefit page for more information on the first tier of the Plan or the Plus benefit page when you are looking for more options.
You can also view the more current EPO Network Provider Directory (PDF).
and Plus Network Provider Directory (PDF).
on this website.
NOTE: Providers are subject to change throughout the year. This can happen if a doctor for various reasons such as the doctor:
- Retires or leaves a contracted group
- Cannot come to a contract agreement or no longer meets contract obligations